Details of our 2018 Influenza vaccination clinics will appear here in August 2018
We have already ordered our flu vaccinations for all eligible patients for the 2018 season.
Flu vaccination appointments take around 5 minutes during which we offer:
- Shingles vaccinations for eligible patients between 70 and 80 year old
- Pneumonia vaccinations for everyone over 65 years and those under 65 with some long term conditions
- Brief health summary update including
- Age 45 and over, blood pressure check
- Age 65 and over, a check for atrial fibrillation, a heart condition that causes an irregular and often abnormally fast heart rate. It can affect adults of any age, but it becomes more common as you get older. It affects about 7 in 100 people aged over 65, and more men than women have it.
For these reasons we ask that you have your flu vaccination with your GP Practice as alternate providers cannot offer vaccination against pneumonia and shingles and are unlikely to offer the brief health summary update offered by the Practice.
We Recommend that you:
- BOOK your flu vaccination as early as possible when the clinic times are released
- HAVE your flu vaccination before the end of October, any later may leave you susceptible to contracting influenza.
In 2018 for your added protection we are using:
- Age Over 65 years - FLUAD® trivalent influenza vaccine specifically developed to offer increased protection from influenza in people aged 65 years and over,
- Age under 65 year - Sanofi Pasteur Quadrivalent influenza vaccine which protects against 4 strains of flu this year.
It is recommended that all patients 'at risk' (over 65 years old, carers, those with chronic diseases or suppressed immunity) receive a flu vaccine and if eligible, Pneumonia and Shingles vaccination.