What about the flu vaccine for people aged 50 to 64?
- 1/12/20 UPDATE: Flu vacs are in the fridge and text messages have been sent. Clinic is on Tuesday 8th December 4-6pm. Don’t wait for a text if you are in the 50-64yr age group, book your appointment via your usual app or call reception.
- If you miss out this time we will order more and you will get a text when they are in stock
- Please read the detailed information for the clinic here
- 25/11/20 UPDATE: 300 vaccine doses are ordered and expected during week beginning 30/11. Once the vaccine is actually in our fridge we will text/write/invite you to clinic. We expect invites to be sent week beginning 7/12 with clinic late that week or the following week. It’s likely there will only be one clinic on a first booked basis. Depending on demand we will order more vaccine if we can get it.
- 20/11/20 UPDATE: GPs will be able to vaccinate all 50-64-year olds from 1 December.
- We can’t set up our clinics until we know we have vaccine coming to us – we are working on getting vaccine from central supplies as quickly as we can
- We thank you for NOT contacting us about this at the moment. Our reception team have as as much information about when we will have vaccine as is here.
- We will contact you by text, or letter if you don’t have a smart phone, when know we have vaccine arriving or in stock and our clinics are open.
- In the meantime, DO WE HAVE YOUR CORRECT MOBILE PHONE NUMBER?
- This is the method we will contact you about the flu clinics. its quicker than the regular post!
- You can check your details on the MyGp app or Patient Access app, which ever you use. Please always keep us updated when you change your contact details
Click on the link below for full details of this years clinic
Our Clinic on Saturday 19th September was a huge success. Enormous thanks to our dedicated team who gave up their Saturday to ensure we could vaccinate our patients in a Covid safe way.
The weather was very kind to us and our staff had an enjoyable but exhausting day. They were onsite from 7:30am until around 17:45pm.
We vaccinated nearly 1500 patients in the day and we must thank all of you who attended for remembering to bring your forms, filled in. You all had your sleeves rolled up and most importantly you kept to your your appointment times. This was really important to minimise any queuing and our team are really thankful. You all helped to make the day the success it was.
If you couldn’t make 19th and are on our waiting list:-
We did have some vaccine left, around 40 for the over 65 age group and 160 for the under 65 age group. We are contacting you in order from our list and unfortunately will not have enough vaccine for all our over 65’s, although we are trying to get more. We do have enough for our under 65 age group and are in the process of contacting everyone on the waiting list about the next clinic. We will have a few under 65 vaccines left so if you haven’t been added to our waiting list please contact us on 01253 953070. Although it’s like we will be in contact with you in the next couple of weeks!
Some patient comments and images from the day
- I attended today for my flu jab and have to praise the staff and clinic for how well it was run and organised. Thank you
- We attended and it was a great job done by all
- Challenging times! You all did fab xx
- Well done to everyone xxx
- My husband and I both attended for our flu jabs on Saturday, I would just like to say that the drive through facility was very well run and controlled. Well done to you all
- I just wanted to congratulate you all on the fantastic arrangements for the flu vaccination clinic I attended today. It was all very safe, easy and I felt completely at ease during the whole process. All staff were very friendly and professional and the surgery was very well set up. Well done to you all.
- Just phoned to say that I attended the drive through on Saturday and from the ladies at the front, the nurses and the lady at the end what a wonderful job you all did. From start to finish I was very impressed with all the information passed to me. I’d like to thank the person who’s idea it was to do the drive through. I’m scared of needles and didn’t even realise the nurse had done it