Are You a Carer?
If you are please let us know – we may be able to help you
There is a wealth of information on the NHS website about carers and caring. Below are some links into the site that we hope you will find useful.
- A guide to care and supportInformation for carers and people who have care & support needs.
- Caring for someoneAdvice on providing care, medicines etc.
- Care after hospitalProviding care for people who have been recently discharged from hospital.
- Taking a breakCaring for someone can be a full-time job – find out about accessing breaks and respite care.
- Support and benefits for carers
Caring for someone can be a full-time job – find out about accessing breaks and respite care.
- Work and DisabilityGuidance, support and help with employment issues.Being a Young carerAdvice for carers 18 or under and their entitlement to support
Finance and Law
Help claiming benefits, looking after your bank balance and understanding the legal issues of caring.
- Benefits for carers Directing carers to the benefits that can help them in their caring role
- Benefits for the under-65sAdvice and information on helping the person you look after get the benefits that they are entitled to.Benefits for the over-65sAdvice and information on financial support for older people with a disability or illness.
- Carer’s Assement
How your benefits maybe affected after the death of the person you look after and what happens to their benefits
- Other benefitsAdvice for carers and the people they are looking after on claiming a whole host of other benefits unrelated to their disability or caring
Contact Carers Direct
Telephone 0808 802 0202
Email: [email protected]
Office Hours: Lines are open 8am to 9pm Monday to Friday, 11am to 4pm at weekends. Calls are free from UK landlines.